CHILL FIX™ is a 100% reactive ULTRA-FAST Setting clear epoxy system with very low viscosity and high ultraviolet resistance. With its very short pot life, the CHILL FIX is ideal for small applications, small castings but mostly to fill little cracks, voids and knots. With only 13 minutes of pot life, this ultra-fast setting epoxy will be fully cured in less than a few hours.
- Ideal for small projects and masses or layer up to 1/2” thick
- It is commonly used for filling small cracks, voids, knots or for small casting such as jewelry
- Quick Pot life and Fast Curing time
- Heat and Impact Resistance
- Very durable
- Water like viscosity to avoid bubbles
- Can be coloured with one of our CHILL DROPS™ or metallic pigments.
- Very strong mechanical strength and stress resistance
- Easy Mixing Ratio: 2:1 by volume or 100/44 by weight
- Ideal Working Temperature: 22C /72F
- Pot Time: 13 minutes at 22C/72F depending on volumes and room temperature
- Cure Time: 3-6 hours depending on volume, room temperature, humidity level, and thickness of the casting
- Recommended Thickness per Layer: 1/16 -1/8 or small masses –
- WARNING : SHORT POT LIFE, DO NOT MIX MORE THAN 150ML AT A TIME OR RISK OF OVERHEATING OF LEFT IN MASS TOO LONG
- Maximum Thickness in a single pour: 1/8 max
- Cure Appearance: Optical Clarity
- Viscosity: 325 CPS Mixed – Very low Viscosity for a better penetration
- Recommended cleaning products: POLY CLEANER™ Resin Cleaner or Isopropyl Alcohol
Before using CHILL FIX™, make sure the wooden/epoxy sections section are free on any contaminant (dirt, oil, and grease).
SURFACE PREPARATION: Protect work area from accidental spills. Slightly rough down repair area.
Heat is generated while the epoxy mixture cures; the more epoxy and hardener are mixed, the more heat is generated causing the epoxy mixture to cure faster. Only mix an amount of epoxy and hardener that you can use within the product’s pot life.
IMPORTANT : Mix 2 parts of “A” to 1 part of “B” by volume until color is uniform. A small variance in mixing ratio can modify the product’s physical properties. DO NOT MIX MORE THAN 150ML AT A TIME.