A low viscosity, optical quality, transparent epoxy resin . Ideal for casting epoxy rivers into wood tables. CHILL ICE #2 is perfect for bubblefree casting after less than 5 to 10 minutes without the use of a torch which can cause an exothermic imbalance in the casting.
With its very low viscosity, CHILL ICE #2 penetrates into wood fibres, creating a strong structural bond at the short, medium, and long term. Its long pot life of 600 minutes @ 22°C lets you cast several litres of resin, add a pigment, then slowly pour from a strategic corner of the mold, letting the resin fill it up. The high fluidity of CHILL ICE #2 lets you fill the mold or table river quickly for fast and easy levelling.
• 100% solids, no VOC
• Easy mixing ratio of 2A/1B by volume.
• Pot life of 600 minutes at 22°C.
• Gets rid of bubbles quickly and easily without using a torch.
• Easy to pigment.
• ~72 hour@ 22°C setting time depending on volume, casting design, and ambient temperature • Superior impact resistance.
• Maximum optical quality.
• High gloss.
• High abrasion resistance.